If you feel like a jail on your android or some bloatware on your phone is causing you trouble then rooting comes into picture which can help you get rid all of these. What if i say that many of you are not using your android phone with full potential it can be used?
sounds weird!! , right? Many phones have bloatware apps installed, battery drainage problem etc which can be fixed up to some extent by rooting.
Because every Android phone is running the Linux kernel and middle ware very similar to a Linux distribution you would install on a computer under the hood, rooting them was the way to allow us to try and fix them our own way. Rooting is how you get complete access to everything in the operating system, and those permissions allow you to change it all. Modern Androids are quite a bit better than they used to be.
Lets first understand few things:
What is root?
Rooting is the process of allowing users of smartphones, tablets and other devices running the android mobile OS to attain privileged control over various android subsystem. Rooting is often performed with the goal of overcoming limitations that carriers and hardware manufacturers put on some devices.
When you root your Android, you’re simply adding a standard Linux function that was removed. A small file called is placed in the system and given permissions so that another user can run it. It stands for Switch User, and if you run the file without any other parameters it switches your credentials and permissions from a normal user to that of the superuser. You are then in complete control and can add anything, remove anything and access functions on your phone or tablet that you couldn’t reach before. This is pretty important, and something you should think about before you begin.
Advantages of rooting:
1. Able to run special apps– Rooting allows the phone to run apps that it cannot run otherwise. User can run pro apps with this as well he can optimize phone’s battery for better backup.
2. Remove pre-installed apps- Many of us has seen apps like tiktok, clean master and some useless game apps that causes weird ads. So with rooting you can easily remove apps with super user access.
3. Install custom roms- So the main thing for which people prefer to root their phones is custom rom. Installing custom is just like installing a new windows edition or any other linux distribution on your pc. I mean it installs completely new features, apps and completely changes the look and feel of your phone.
Disadvantages of Rooting:
1. Avoids warranty: Before rooting your phone, make sure you consider the fact that you don’t need warranty any more.
2. Phone Brick: As i already mentioned in the above advantages that by rooting the phone you can install custom roms and can do other stuff as well but if you are new in this field then there are high chances that you can brick your device. You can recover your phone on your own as well and you have to, because service centers will not accept your device.
3. Viruses: Rooting the device opens a path for viruses in your device when you install any third party app and grant root permission to it.
How to root your device?
Well here every phone has its own way/ procedure to root. All it depends upon your device model and manufacturer. But i can tell you the way how you can root.
All you have to do is to search on google with these keywords "root phone_company phone_model"
For eg. If you have poco f1 device with you then you have to search for “root poco f1“either on google or on youtube. You will definetely find an answer.
Other then that you can visit XDA developer official site and search there which is even more good.
Hope you find this helpful!! kindly share.